Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion & News (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Avengers (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=49614)

squigg58 September 20th, 2009 06:24 PM

It was Tara King for me ... although I had a slight preference for Emma Peel's '64 white Elan S2 over Tara's '68 red Elan +2S!

mishmash September 20th, 2009 06:28 PM

Diana was the first real crush and lust of my life,that smile and above all that bottom in numerous jumpsuits/catsuits had me hooked,a very special memory,and to this day still my fav episode was "Murdersville",anybody who loves the show will know what i'm on about,that one (amung many) had everything the show was about...the afore mentioned wierd plots and camera angles....and indeed Miss Rigg's bottom

Fantastic television

Oh and Tara King/Linda Thorson was gorgeous!! But "The Forget-Me-Knot" - show where they swapped places was heart breakingly sad

copernicus September 20th, 2009 06:48 PM

Just finished reading "The Avengers and Me" by Patrick McNee very good book covers all the series from its first incarnation as "Police Surgeon" right through to "The New Avengers"
Incidently the first british tv programme made in colour was Stingray !

GlennQuagmire September 20th, 2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squigg58 (Post 811060)
It was Tara King for me ... although I had a slight preference for Emma Peel's '64 white Elan S2 over Tara's '68 red Elan +2S!

Didn't Tara drive a Europa?

tabler September 20th, 2009 08:33 PM

In the 2 seasons that Tara King was in she used both an Elan +2 and a Europa also an AC 428 and a Mini Moke. So you are both right.

imtrying September 20th, 2009 09:01 PM

Emma Peel for me. Those are the first ones we got in the states and they made quite an impression. I also remember seeing the "New Avengers" on the CBS late movie as a teenager. I didn't see any Honor Blackman episodes until the show came out on video but by then the dye had been cast. Mrs. Peel rules!

Luc_Orient September 24th, 2009 07:03 AM

Emma Peel = Diana Rigg...no others.

What came afterwards was still fun but it wasn't the Avengers anymore. Patrick Macnee has always been perfect but it's like U2 without Bono...still great, but not U2 anymore.

Office Boy September 24th, 2009 02:25 PM

Has to be the diana rigg era, she was the best. And I always admired patrick macnee as the perfect and very english gentleman. I saw an episode in b/w and I think it was called, 'the Hellfire Club.' And diana was encased in some fetish gear I think, which included a spiked dog collar. Very raunchy for that time. Also starred peter wyngarde.

carolaholic October 1st, 2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by office boy (Post 816089)
Has to be the diana rigg era, she was the best. And I always admired patrick macnee as the perfect and very english gentleman. I saw an episode in b/w and I think it was called, 'the Hellfire Club.' And diana was encased in some fetish gear I think, which included a spiked dog collar. Very raunchy for that time. Also starred peter wyngarde.

Actually, the title of the b&w episode with the Hellfire Club was "A Touch of Brimstone." That's one of the great ones, all right. I think it was a bit too much for US TV in 1966, and wasn't seen over here until the show went into syndication.

carolaholic October 1st, 2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabaline (Post 816109)
Monstar2008 posted a clip of the scene in the Diana Rigg thread:

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showpost.php?p=34447

For anyone interested in the very early episodes (Honor Blackman), I noticed that a DVD set of the early ones is due to be released soon

Is this a re-release? All the Honor Blackman episodes came out on DVD from A&E several years ago, as did the lacklustre Linda Thorsen ones.