Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion & News (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cable/Satellite TV (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=170907)

heehoo August 13th, 2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estreeter (Post 1707602)
How many of you subscribe to it ?
If so, what channels do you watch?

I've had it since it was in it's early days here, 1995 I think it was. The point of my asking is that my signal just went out and I go nuts when that happens, yet half the time I wonder why on earth I have it, I can't live without it but it angers me also :confused::confused::confused:

I've got Foxtel, all channels, yet only watch about a dozen of the 60 + of them :confused:

Am I weird or are others of ya the same ?

I don't think you're weird... many people around the world have cable/satellite.

I use the internet exclusively.... many people do find that to be a bit odd, but considering the 'net has access to literally everything and anything, I have no need for regular television. Just look for it online, and you're all set.

TCO95 August 13th, 2011 08:02 AM

I have a satellite service which annoys the hell out of me with the ease it loses the signal. However, I keep it for the "time-shift" feature, if I miss a show I can usually catch it on one of the western time zone channels or if I want to watch it early I get it off of one of the eastern zones. I'm getting the service package I pay for simplified because like Heehoo says, most of what I like to watch is on the net now.

Warren G August 13th, 2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenman (Post 1707710)
My Dad has just upgraded to SKY+HD

"Your Dad"? Damn! I always pictured you as old as dirt, like one of the founding fathers of VEF, and your dad pays for the cable? Well, that's nice...:rolleyes:

Well anyway, I've got Comcast here in St. Augustine. My main channels are CNN, for news, first thing. Then Discovery, TLC, and National Geographic, and the Science Channel, and such as that. I love Turner Classic Movies, for old movies. Encore movie channel is good, as well as channels that carry cooking shows, like Giada, and Anthony Bourdain, and Andrew Zimmern, (sick bastard), and your what's his name blond limey chef who goes around to restaurants cussing everybody out..can't think of his name right now. :rolleyes:

Then, of course, there's the Cartoon Network, with such stellar offerings such as Squidbillies, Family Guy, Assy McGee, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

And then there's HBO. Realtime with Bill Maher, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Boxing After Dark, as well as good movies, and what not. (And the older series like Six Feet Under, and Deadwood). That's enough for me.

Oh yeah...Gordon Ramsay...this horse's ass...

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...1/images-1.jpg

mart363 August 13th, 2011 10:12 AM

Never had cable or sky tv, not even freeview. All i have is terrestial mainly because i'm online a lot, so for me tv's been replaced by the internet.

keefriff August 13th, 2011 02:24 PM

I have cable TV and I honestly don't know how many channels are on it. :confused::o:rolleyes: I would guess around 200 or so and I watch maybe 40 of them. I get all of my TV, phone and internet through the same bundled service as they call it. No complaints so far as the internet is fast and cable reception is generally pretty good. I have maybe 50 HD channels and they make watching sports an even better thing.:thumbsup: I would guess I watch sports 75% of the time I watch TV. I also like A & E, History, Discovery, Nat Geo but I agree with those who have said that they are not as good as they once were. Also have to mention Sundance and IFC. They both run plenty of good indie films and documentaries.:thumbsup:

Now can I talk about channels I don't like? :rolleyes: First off........Lifetime Channel. I know, I know "it's the network for women for chrissakes so what the hell are you doing whatchin' it keef? Are you going weird on us or something?" Well let me explain now that you asked. :rolleyes: The lovely and charming is an addict, a Lifetime addict. I have tried to enroll her in programs but as soon as the TV clicks on she's mainlining this weeks docudrama starring Valerie Bertinelli and/or Jennie Garth straight into her eyeballs.:eek: And of course then into her elephantine like brain. I wonder how she feels about me refering to any part of her as elephantine but I digress...the point is, she has long memory. So now after watching the latest movie/docudrama/revenge fantasy/penis cutter biography she has all these ideas in her head. :eek: She is convinced by Lifetime that all men are treacherous, lying, cheating, conniving, no caring bastards. :eek: Now I try and do everything I can to change that opinion :rolleyes: but I am fighting a losing battle. This channel must be stopped or I am afraid I may wake up one day to find myself dead.:confused: Killed by a "Woman Scorned" or maybe it was "Her Final Revenge" or "Octomom: The True Story" but whatever it is, it won't be pretty. Pray for me fellow VEF'ers the "Man Bad, Woman Good" marathon starts at noon. ;):):D

Estreeter August 13th, 2011 03:53 PM

My GF loves The W Channel, no it's not a channel dedicated to GW, it more a channel for the ladies, but she loves The View :( crap :mad: The only good thing about that channel is it gives me an excuse too leave the lounge room and be on VEF and complain about that channel, among other activities on here ;)

botogames August 13th, 2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estreeter (Post 1710260)
My GF loves The W Channel, no it's not a channel dedicated to GW, it more a channel for the ladies, but she loves The View :( crap :mad: The only good thing about that channel is it gives me an excuse too leave the lounge room and be on VEF and complain about that channel, among other activities on here ;)

Same for me too. I dislike the fashion and bridal shows they watch... OMG can they really like hearing about the same crap over and over again!!

Brecht August 13th, 2011 03:58 PM

Man, I hate that Fashion TV channel. I'm also being annoyed by these shopping channels like QVC. So much useless crap you gotta pay for.

tabler August 14th, 2011 10:48 AM

What pisses me off is the +1 channels. My girlfriend will watch something like 'Goks fashion fix' (or whatever shite like that) and then watch the bloody thing again on +1.:eek:

moreteavicar August 14th, 2011 01:55 PM

I've had sky since 1992. It was good then as there weren't many channels and whatever tv you got, crap or not, it was great to have more than the 4 terrestrial channels. It also gave us insight into what our US buddies were watching such as the quiz and game shows like Jeopardy, Jokers Wild, The Pyramid Game and so on. (I know it's sad now but this was 19 years ago!!!)

I'm now on sky+ with a basic package as I was sick of all the repeats on the movie channels. I used to watch sky sports for the footie but that was about it so I took the plunge and got rid of both. I have to say that with all these channels I am sick of repeats and can't believe that in this day and age I can flick through all the hundreds of channels and still find nothing good to watch.

I can't really say I have a favourite channel as the programmes I like are spread about on several stations. Saying that, the relatively new Sky Atlantic is pretty good showing stuff like Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones and last night's new starter, The Borgias.