View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #103
Atreus
Vintage Member

Thanked 22,868 Times in 470 Posts
Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+Atreus 100000+
Question Claire Davenport

Quote:
Originally Posted by croitear View Post
Got an image to post, so we can check our files?
Please excuse the lateness of this response. I don't know how I missed your question but I managed it! Because Claire was a character actress rather than a model, pictures of her tend to be vidcaps that don't do her justice. In any case she was not your average M**fair model, being considerably overweight for most of her life, but like I said, this was a spoof set and not meant to be taken seriously. If I recall correctly, it was shot in a gym with Claire using the various pieces of equipment. The pics below relate to her latter years.

I would think you would have to be English and of a certain age to recognise her but, in her heyday, she was hardly off the TV. #1,3 and 4 above show her as Belinda, the psychotic masseuse from Adventures of a Plumber's Mate; #2 an artist's model from the Birth of the Beatles; and #5 with Kenneth Connor in Carry On Emanuelle. She was Mrs Wilson in Fawlty Towers and the fat dancer in Return of the Jedi. Over and above that she was in numerous comedy shows, especially with Dick Emery.

Any assistance would be very greatly appreciated. I've been looking for this set for 30 years.

Cheers

A

PS Yes, I know I've got a strange taste in women. You should see what's going on in British Village Ladies.

Last edited by Atreus; August 28th, 2008 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Spelling Correction
Atreus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Atreus For This Useful Post: