View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #29
talonz57

Thanked 6,974 Times in 155 Posts
talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+talonz57 25000+
Default talonz57

I was born in Fullerton, California but moved to Kansas after my parents split when I was about three years old. I lived on a farm in a small town called Bloom, Kansas. When I was seven years old I moved to Dodge City, Kansas. Although I was an only child, I grew up with one stepsister and a stepbrother. I loved the farm life then and would love to live on a farm again.

After seeing some of my stepfather's Playboys, I decided to send in some pictures of myself. I was asked to do a test shoot. When I received the call that I was going to be Miss May 1986, I felt like I had won a sweepstakes. Before I knew it, I was on my way to Acapulco to shoot my centerfold.

Before flying to Acapulco, I had to spend the night at the Mansion. I was 18 years old and had never been away from home by myself. I was so scared because I had heard how wild the Mansion was. I begged the Playmate Promotions people to let me stay at a hotel instead, but they said I couldn't.

When I got to the Mansion I went right to my room, locked the door and sat on the bed. About five minutes later another girl knocked on the door and asked if I would like to play Yahtzee with her. I agreed and we went to the movie room (or living room) and played Yahtzee for a couple of hours. The Mansion was quiet, all was well and I had cried for nothing.

I enjoyed the rest of my stay there. Everyone was very friendly, and they had the best almond cookies! The animals were my favorite part of the Mansion. While I was there I met Michael J. Fox, Tony Curtis, Rob Lowe and, of course, Hugh Hefner. Hef was very nice and polite. He was always smiling. Wouldn't you be if you were him?

Part Two

Part Two
Luckily, my family didn't mind my posing in Playboy. My grandmother was excited and even appeared with me in my Playmate video at the L.A. Arboretum. After Playboy I found that I was more open. I'm still shy, but I'm more comfortable with new people and myself.

Becoming a Playmate also helped me to locate my father, whom I had not seen since I was three years old. A lawyer who saw my pictorial helped me to locate him. It turned out that he had lived only 20 miles away from me the whole time. Now we visit and do things together.

I have a few Playmate friends whom I get to see at Glamourcon. Debi Johnson and Julie McCullough are good friends of mine. I also recently met Veronica Gamba at the L.A. Glamourcon, and we've been friends ever since.

Currently, I am divorced and living with my four-year-old daughter, a rottweiler named Strudel, an Australian sheepdog named Wrangler and a pet hedgehog named Sonic. Like my mother and my aunt, I work as a nurse (LVN) specializing in home health care. I hope one day to buy a house with a bit of land so that I can have some farm animals.

I guess growing up in Kansas made me a country girl, because I love country music and rodeos. My favorite rodeos are the Bull Riders Only and National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas. I plan on entering my daughter in the mutton-busting competition. It's a competition for little kids in which they sit on a sheep with their arms around the sheep's neck and see how long they can hang on before falling off. My favorite country singer is George Strait. If anyone knows him, please tell him I'm looking for him!

talonz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to talonz57 For This Useful Post: