View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #106
AceXX
Vintage Member

Thanked 77,494 Times in 2,206 Posts
AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+AceXX 350000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
Please excuse the lateness of this response. I don't know how I missed your question but I managed it! Because Claire was a character actress rather than a model, pictures of her tend to be vidcaps that don't do her justice. In any case she was not your average M**fair model, being considerably overweight for most of her life, but like I said, this was a spoof set and not meant to be taken seriously. If I recall correctly, it was shot in a gym with Claire using the various pieces of equipment. The pics below relate to her latter years.

I would think you would have to be English and of a certain age to recognise her but, in her heyday, she was hardly off the TV. #1,3 and 4 above show her as Belinda, the psychotic masseuse from Aventures of a Plumber's Mate; #2 an artist's model from the Birth of the Beatles; and #5 with Kenneth Connor in Carry On Emanuelle. She was Mrs Wilson in Fawlty Towers and the fat dancer in Return of the Jedi. Over and above that she was in numerous comedy shows, especially with Dick Emery.

Any assistance would be very greatly appreciated. I've been looking for this set for 30 years.

Cheers

A

PS Yes, I know I've got a strange taste in women. You should see what's going on in British Village Ladies.

I remember Claire did two photo spreads for Club International (UK), I had the mags years ago but don't recall seeing them recently. I'll do a search through my mag collection. If I find them I'll post them on the C I thread, but don't hold your breath.
AceXX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AceXX For This Useful Post: